As you know that the UAE’s President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan has declared 2017 as the Year of Giving, the UAE Cabinet has approved a national strategy for “Year of Giving” as a noble plan to build a sustainable practice of giving.
The ‘year of giving’ strategy comprises of six pillars – CSR, volunteerism, humanitarian organizations, media, legislations and policies and serving the nation as attached herewith.
Some of the key announcements in the National Strategy which are important for the companies and may have direct impact on their CSR and Sustainability approaches are :
- Compulsory disclosure for social responsibility – making it compulsory for companies to disclose information on social contribution
- Responsible purchasing – reserving a % of public contracts for private companies doing outstanding CSR
- Social responsibility passport – passport for distinguished companies involved in CSR activities
- National strategy for voluntary work 2021- improve and consolidate voluntary work to make UAE a regional and global leader
- Federal Law for voluntary work
- Federal law for social responsibility- aims to regulate and define scope for social responsibility in UAE and define incentive system and privileges
The Dubai Chamber’s Centre for Responsible Business (CRB) is in the key position to drive the Dubai’s sustainability agenda in line with the national strategies rolled out for the Year of Giving.
Kindly please spare 1 minute and click on this link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5MGKG75 to complete the survey latest by 4th May 2017.
In case of any queries please write to Sangeeta.firstname.lastname@example.org
Look forward to hear from you.